Alpha Media – Myrtle Beach has an exciting opportunity to join our Programming team for CHR/Top 40 – ENERGY 92.1 as Midday/On-Air Talent. We are selectively searching for the right On Air Personality who has big ideas and plenty of creativity and hustle to bring to the team. Must be able to relate to a younger female audience, be crazy with social media, have some knowledge of web posting. Also has to be ready to live and breathe the radio station and be ready to go out and interact with listeners at remotes and station events. And of course, have great “ENERGY.”
If you have a talent for engaging the local community and helping your station stand out from the pack, this could be the ideal fit for you. Our culture is built on support, collaboration, career development and energy. At Alpha Media, we pride ourselves on being the fastest growing media company that also thinks and acts like a “start up.” We have a passion for generating great local content for our radio and digital products and we strongly encourage innovation and uniqueness for our brands.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 51 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local in every market and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- The ability to entertain, inform, and connect with the local community to maximize ratings performance.
- Be a student of hot topics that are relevant to our target audience.
- Generate ideas, concepts, and segments along with the Program Director to distinguish our brand and engage our listeners.
- Assist in the branding of the station via music, imaging, social media, and special events.
- Conduct on-air interviews with Hollywood and music celebrities.
- Serve as Master of Ceremonies for public and/or private events.
- Broadcast live from remote locations.
- Be a positive member of a tight-knit team.
- Have a passion for serving our local community.
Requirements of this position may include the following:
- Possess a great attitude, and be a positive influence on the team.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients at live events.
- Excellent problem-solving and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Must be comfortable with Selector, a control board, remote broadcasting and other related studio software and equipment.
- Must be creative, innovative, and have original thought in the performance of on-air duties.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured vehicle.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and could have a big impact in this type of environment, submit your cover letter, resume, references, recommendation letters, and current air-check ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
Alpha Media – Myrtle Beach
ATTN: Zack Williams
1016 Ocala Street
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.